Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Picture Party!!!

(some old artifacts that been dug up in the area)




(Aline, Meshach, and myself at Chief's Pool crocodile pond)

(waiting for lunch)

(I think the guide said that this one is about 80-90 years old)

(The big one is coming to eat...)

(When slaves would try to escape or revolt they were forced to sit on the rock and their hands and legs were chained around the bottom, then they were beaten and left in the sun to die)

(Grave sites where the slave masters would bury about 4 people at a time, a few metres from the Punishment Rock)


(The lookout rock)

(This is the view from the lookout rock at the Pikworo Slave Camp. It's where the slave masters used to stay perched to spot anyone from attempting to escape)


(My Ghanaian staple foods: Mangos, malk n milk cookies, groundnuts, and purewater)


(This is behind my compund where I relax from time to time under the tree and converse with an old man named Alagi Baba Mamudu - probably spelled his name wrong)

(Here's the compound I'm staying at, what I'm calling "Home" for the summer)


(The weight bench at my compound. I lifted some weights with some of the guys at the compound the other night, they got a kick out of me lifting for they are pretty built)


Ok so for those of you who haven't struggled with internet overseas, I hope you enjoy these pics as they took a long time to upload - over 5mins per pic, I've been on the net for almost 3 hours. I'll keep them coming though, and once I get to know people a little better and get settled in more I'll get some people pics.

1 comment:

  1. sweet pics!
    thanks for the patience to post them! I totally know how frustrating that can be..
    But it is really helpful to have a visual!
    Keep it up obruni

    ReplyDelete